What is a DC inverter fan?
When we buy an electric fan, the manufacturer sales will refer to some high-end fans as DC inverter fans. In principle, the workflow of the so-called inverter technology is all about converting 50Hz alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC) and then to 30-130 Hz frequency adjustable alternating current (AC).
AC motors and DC brushless motors
DC motors are divided into brush motors and brushless motors because DC brush motors need to use carbon, carbon brushes are easy to wear, more troublesome to replace, short life; a high operating current, the motor magnets are easy to demagnetize, reducing the life of the motor. Therefore, electric fans do not use this brush motor. Then give you a direct science of the current market common AC motor and DC brushless motor.
The advantages and disadvantages of AC motor and brushless DC motor
Brushless DC motor
1. Electronic commutation to replace the traditional mechanical commutation, reliable performance, no wear and tear, low failure rate, and life than the brush motor increased by about 6 times, representing the development direction of the motor.
2. static motor, no-load current is small, saving 70% of energy consumption.
3. high efficiency.
4. smaller motor size.
5. better user experience, in Enjoy the natural wind in a quiet environment.
1. slight vibration at low-speed starts, such as speed increases phase change frequency increases, you can not feel the vibration phenomenon.
2. high production cost controller requirements, so the purchase price is high.
AC motor Currently, domestic manufacturers and foreign manufacturers produce fan products, mainly using AC motors.
1. can significantly compress the cost, so the product is sold at a lower price.
2. market popularity is higher, the use of AC motor fan market is estimated to account for 70-80%.
3. Large air volume compared to DC fans.
1. AC motor can compress the cost, but the volume is larger compared to a DC motor.
2. motor operation sound, noise value, and sound-sensitive people affect the rest.
3. motor sometimes has an unstable operation and a strong sense of vibration.
4. service life is slightly shorter compared to DC motor.
Some advice to choose an electronic fan
1. The traditional AC motor fan is still a good choice, large air volume, affordable, but generally only in the living room, dining room, etc.
2. DC motor fan’s overall performance is the best, larger air volume, low noise, and less power consumption, most of the circulating fans on the market is a DC fan, for the bedroom, study, and other places that need quiet, especially a DC motor fan. (DC fans are more friendly to children and the elderly at home)